Friday, December 28, 2012

First appointment

So, my first appointment went great. It was with my general practitioner (and who used to be an OB doctor but I guess isn't anymore....kinda bummed). Hubby came with me which made me happy. Appointment went great! I love my doctor. She is so cool and is just a real person and answers all of your questions without making you feel stupid for asking. Told her I took 5 pregnancy tests and she said it sounds like you're pregnant! She gave me a referral for an OB doctor and some blood work that needed to get done and that was it. She said in February I will be able to hear the heartbeat! So exciting!! Went in for my bloodwork today too so I could get that over with. My first OB appointment is 1/10/13 and I will be a little over 7 weeks by then so hopefully I get to see an ultrasound by then!!

So far, the only symptoms I feel are fatigue, boobies hurting and slight cramping here and there. I got sick with a cold on Christmas night so I've been home from work for the past few days. Need my rest!! It sucks because I haven't been able to sleep that well for the past week and I'm thinking it was anxiousness and then being sick too. Hopefully, I can sleep now!! No nausea yet. Been eating pretty normal but I heard nausea comes in around 6 weeks or so. We shall see!!

Ordered a bunch of books and my mother in law got me What to Expect when you're expecting which was nice!! Can't wait til all the books come in! I got baby book, pregnancy guide, jenny mccarthy's book, expectant father and some other ones! Hubby and I have already talked about names and how we are going to decorate the baby's room. It feels so unreal. It hit me a little bit more today but until I see the baby inside of me and that heartbeat, I think it will finally hit me :)

XOXO

MJ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment