Thursday, January 10, 2013

symptoms (and lack thereof)...

Well, I'm onto the 7th week!! Can't believe it's going pretty fast! Had my first OB appointment last week (instead of this week). Last Thursday night, I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden, I noticed I started getting some cramps and thought I should go to the bathroom. Well, when I went and wiped, I noticed a lot of blood. It was very pinkish looking and it only happened when I would wipe. Well, of course I started freaking out. I was home alone because Hubs was at school. I started thinking negatively and heard that when you bleed, its a sign of miscarriage. Hubby came home and I told him and he immediately thought positive. Which is exactly why I LOVE him soooo much. He went and looked it up and said, "see babe, there's a lot of other women that experience spotting and it's completely normal! He definitely made me feel better. I woke up the next morning and it was kinda brownish spotting but only when I wiped so that made me feel better. I called my doctor that morning and they told me to come in and make sure everything was okay. Went in and met my OB doctor, Dr. Urso. She was very nice but not overly so which I liked. Very to the point and answered all of my questions. She took a look and she noticed absolutely no bleeding!! I was so happy but like what the hell? She said it could possibly be from the placenta growing and there could be a pocket of blood. Dr. checked my uterus and she said it definitely looks bigger. She decided she wanted me to take Blood pregnancy test (HCG) and make sure my numbers are okay. I found out on Tuesday that it seems my numbers are going up so thats a good thing! Nurse said if there is an issue, my doctor will give me a call right away. Well, it's Friday and no call! 

I feel so happy that I'm finally pregnant but let me tell you. This is hard. I'm so anxious to hear that heartbeat, to make sure there is a baby growing inside of me. I don't really have that many symptoms. Just boobies hurting a little and cramping (which could be a bad thing but trying not think negatively!). I am tired too but I'm also recovering from being sick too so who knows. Last night, I had some pretty bad cramping but hardly any spotting. Just brownish.

My next appointment is on Feb 1st and we will be able to hear the heartbeat then!! My insurance only covers 1 ultrasound, so not until my 20th week!! Can you believe that shit? So annoying. My friend found out the gender at 14 weeks so I think thats what I'm going to do. I can not wait for that day, let me tell you. I think once we hear the heartbeat, I will feel so much better and can be a little more stress free. Well, I will update you with my heartbeat appt!

XOXO

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment