Thursday, January 2, 2014

New look, New Year!

Yay it's finally 2014!!!


I never thought this year would come. I'm so happy 2013 is done and I can close this chapter of my life for good. What a year. And I thought I would change the look of the blog a little bit!

I'm ready for the new year! A lot has happened (kinda) since my last post in September. At the time, I was finding out from my doc about the pending diagnosis of PCOS. Well, I did the blood work and it came back "negative" for PCOS which was nice but I had a little hard time believing it considering my ovulation issues and testosterone issues as well. During my appt, my doctor told me I would need to wait until APRIL to do anything further with my fertility issues. I was like, what? Say that again? I didn't quite understand that but in all honesty, just wanted to get the F out of there and ready to start from square 1 again.

Well, fast forward a month, and I decided to start Acupuncture based on all the positive and good things I've heard about it and just helping with fertility and every day life! Started acupuncture in October and have been doing it since then. My acupuncturist is pretty cool. I love it. I feel like she is more involved with helping me getting pregnant then my own doctor! So, in November, Hubby went to get a sperm analysis test done thanks to the help of my acupuncturist Carolyn and the co-op she's involved in we could get this done without having to go through my doctor. We found out that everything is in the "normal" range except for the morphology part. His numbers are at 23% and it should be anything above 30%. So not too terrible but definitely on the lower side.

If anyone doesn't know what morphology is, it involves how the sperm is shaped. Low morphology means it has an abnormal shape head, 2 heads, a long tail, 2 tails, no tail you get the idea. Well, the test result showed the head of the sperm was 69% defect while the mid section and tail of the sperm were at 4%. So it kinda gave us some answers as to why it is taking so long to get pregnant because the sperm are weird! LOL. They also did find that his sperm is "agglutenated" meaning it sticks together more than normal. The acupuncturist wasn't too familiar with this and told me I would need to check with my doctor to find out more. She did tell us of a few supplements to take to help that out and no cell phones in pocket and no lap top on lap that sort of stuff. So, since November, Hubby is working on his sperm!!

Next, I started a supplement called Pregnitude. Let me just say, if you have ovulation issues and lengthy cycles, this is an AWESOME supplement! Since my d&c in February, my cycles have been kinda weird. Since July, they have been super long and not the norm. When I started taking it in November, I was on day 62, no period and not pregnant. So I decided to start taking it and I started my AF on day 72! Yeah, I definitely say that was all pregnitude. So, I've been taking it once or twice a day now since then, and my next cycle was 26 days. Yes you heard correctly. 26 DAYS!! A normal cycle!! Couldn't believe it...

So, now, I'm on CD 16 and pretty sure I O'd today or late last night. Got a + OPK yesterday (blaring) and DTD last night and I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. I want to go back to the days of enjoying sex with my Hubby and not thinking, "I need to hold my legs up!!". BUT, I do have a good feeling about this year. I do think 2014 is our year. Whether I get pregnant or we have a baby, I think it will happen this year.

I decided to change my primary care doctor and my OB/GYN. I felt like it was time to move on and start fresh with a new doctor. Plus, my good friend recommended her OB and said he was fantastic so hoping that is true. I have an appt in February with my primary care doc but only to get a referral to the OB and get started on the next steps! I never thought this is where my life would be right now. I thought for sure we would have a baby by now and start our lives together but it hasn't worked out that way. And you know what??? It's okay. I've come to the realization that it just wasn't meant to be. And I'm okay with that. I know that Hubby and I are in a WAY better place mentally, physically and financially then how we were in the past. I do trust that it will all work out in the end, one way or another.

Let's hope 2014 (which is the year of the horse. YES!!) is a great and wonderful year and we get pregnant and have a happy and healthy rainbow baby!!

Until next time!

Megan J xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment