Friday, October 7, 2016

12 week appt and update

Well, everything went great at my 12 week appt last week. Heard the heartbeat for the first time and it was magical. The best sound in the world I have ever heard. My next appt is on November 1st. I still have morning sickness unfortunately (so tired of puking I can't even tell you). Can't believe I'm over 13 weeks now and in the 2nd trimester!! Very happy about that. But I have a little update. And it's somewhat embarrassing but interesting. My hubs and I have not had sex since I found out I was pregnant just because I have a feeling it won't be good. So, we've done other things in the meantime. Well, a couple days ago, I had an orgasm and about 2 minutes after, I started bleeding red a lot. I knew that something wasn't right. I got in the shower and was still bleeding a little bit. I immediately called me doctor and left a message. I was still bleeding and had a hall dollar size clot come out. My doctor just told me to take it easy for the night and come in the next day. If I bled through a pad in an hour, then go to the ER. Well, the bleeding ended up getting less and less thank god and I never had any cramping but my lower back was killing me. So I went in the next day (yesterday) and baby looks great, my cervix looks good but doc did mention that my placenta is on the lower end. So she wants me to go see a perinatologist to have them take a further look to see if my placenta is growing on the lower portion of my uterus. If it is, then I have a condition called placenta previa. Basically, that means that my placenta covers the opening of my cervix and I would not be able to do any strenuous activity or sex. Also, a c-section is definitely what I would have to do. But, I don't want to jump ahead of myself. It's actually pretty normal for the placenta to be low in the early part of pregnancy and usually after 20 weeks it starts moving up. We shall see. I'm only trying to think positive but also preparing myself for the news. I will keep you updated! But, it was a great thing to see baby again since my 8 week appt! He/She was moving around so much and it was the cutest thing ever. I have my gender check ultrasound scheduled for next Sunday and can't wait for that! I'll be 14w4d then so hoping they will be able to find it. 

Until next time,
Megan J xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment